- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 70 Minutes - 2 Hours
- 1 Beef Tenderloin (allow 6 oz per person)
- CHAR CRUST® Original Hickory Grilled Dry-Rub Seasoning — about 1 Tbsp. per pound of meat
- Cooking oil or spray as needed
Helpful info: Most whole beef tenderloins range from 6 to 7 pounds, and can feed 12 to 16 people.
Step up: Serve with a horseradish cream sauce
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated fresh horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Step Up: Garlic & Peppercorn Pomegranate Carrots
- 1 bunch of rainbow carrots
- Roasted Garlic Peppercorn Char Crust
- 1 tbs of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs of Butter
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate juice
For mobile devices, scroll past the "Products Used" for full recipe.
Beef Tenderloin Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450°F
Let beef tenderloin sit at room temp for about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
Coat Beef Tenderloin in Char Crust on all sides and brush with olive oil.
Heat an oven proof pan with 2 Tablespoons of butter in pan and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Sear beef on all sides. Put in preheated oven and cook for about 10 minutes flipping every 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and cook for another 15 minutes until internal temp is 135 for medium rare. Continue to flip the tenderloin throughout. Remove from oven and let sit, then slice.
Step up: Serve with a Horseradish Cream Sauce
Mix all ingredients and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with the rest of the meal.
Step Up: Garlic Peppercorn Pomegranate Carrots
Slice carrots in half or fourths. Heat a pan on the stove on medium high with butter and olive oil. Add carrots to the pan with the cut side down and sprinkle with Char Crust seasoning. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium high and add pomegranate juice. Cook until carrots have started to soften.